We are currently recruiting for the following role:
Multi-Skilled Tradesperson / Multi-Trade Builder
Norwich, £25,000 – £34,000 – Full Time, Permanent
BASE Building Solutions is a growing company that specialises in construction, maintenance and refurbishment works within the commercial, care and education sectors in Norfolk.
We pride ourselves on the service we offer and the quality of works we complete. Our ethos is “right first time”.
We are looking for an experienced Multi-Skilled Tradesperson / Multi-Trade Builder to join our team. As the successful candidate you always aim for the highest standards and take pride in your work, you are a good communicator, you can make decisions and problem solve, plus you are confident using your own initiative.
You will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Strip out works
- First fit out of stud walls and small works
- General building works
- Operating hand tool equipment such as power tools.
- Completing necessary site paperwork.
- Fostering good relationships with stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
- Adhering to health and safety legislation.
Essential Skills and Qualities
In addition to the above, you should have the following skills and qualities:
- A relevant qualification and at least 5 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of most aspects of the building trade.
- Must demonstrate exemplary health and safety standards.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must work well alongside other trades, as well as working unsupervised using your own initiative.
- Conduct work to a high standard.
- Must work in a clean, organised manner.
- Ability to carry out manual handling tasks.
- Be willing to work at height occasionally.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Have good time management skills.
- Must be reliable.
- Have a positive, proactive attitude.
- Must display a calm, professional and courteous manner.
- Should show a flexible approach to working arrangements.
- Be able to follow current COVID rules and regulations.
You must also:
- Be fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- Have a full, valid UK Driving Licence.
- Be prepared to work 40 hours per week, with overtime and weekend work available at busy times.
- Be willing to travel from our Norwich office to job sites within Norfolk and occasionally parts of Suffolk.
- Be expected to provide your own basic hand and battery power tools. Larger more specific power tools will be provided by the company.
- Hold a valid CSCS card or be willing to obtain one.
- Have a clean DBS certificate.
In return for all of the above, we offer:
- A competitive salary – rate of pay will reflect experience and qualifications.
- A company van and fuel.
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays.
- Regular training.
- PPE and company workwear.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Louise at email@example.com detailing why you feel you are a suitable candidate.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited for interview and if we feel you are suitable for the role, you will be offered a trial of two days paid work with a site supervisor to see if you would be a good fit.
Please note that a DBS check will be required prior to joining the company, which we will arrange.
Closing date: 6th August 2021
No agencies please.