We are currently recruiting for the following role:
£25,000 – £34,000 / Negotiable Day Rate – Full Time, Permanent
BASE Building Solutions Ltd is a growing company that specialises in construction, maintenance and refurbishment works within the commercial, care and education sectors in Norfolk.
We pride ourselves on the service we offer and the quality of works we complete. Our ethos is “right first time”.
Due to recent expansion, we are looking for an experienced Multi-Trade Builder to join our growing team on an employed or self employed basis. As the successful candidate you always aim for the highest standards, you are a good communicator, you can make decisions and problem solve, plus you are confident using your own initiative.
You will be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Strip out works.
- First fit out of stud walls and small works.
- General building works.
- Operating hand tool equipment such as power tools.
- Completing necessary site paperwork.
- Fostering good relationships with stakeholders, clients and subcontractors.
- Adhering to health and safety legislation.
Essential Skills and Qualities
In addition to the above, you should have the following skills and qualities:
- A relevant qualification and at least 5 years’ experience.
- Good knowledge of most aspects of the building trade.
- Must demonstrate exemplary health and safety standards.
- Must work well alongside other trades, as well as working unsupervised using your own initiative.
- Should conduct work to a high standard and must work in a clean, organised manner.
- Should be able to carry out manual handling tasks and be willing to work at height occasionally.
- Should possess good communication and time management skills.
- Must be reliable and show a professional and proactive attitude.
You must also:
- Be fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- Have a full, valid UK Driving Licence.
- Be prepared to work 40 hours per week, with overtime and weekend work available at busy times.
- Be willing to travel from our Norwich office to job sites predominantly within Norfolk.
- Be expected to provide your own basic hand and battery power tools. Larger more specific power tools will be provided by the company.
- Hold a valid CSCS card or be willing to obtain one.
- Have a clean DBS certificate.
In return for the above, we offer:
- A competitive salary / negotiable day rate – rate of pay will reflect experience and qualifications.
- Regular training.
- PPE and company workwear.
And if recruited on an employed basis:
- A company vehicle and fuel.
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays.
Please note that a DBS check will be required prior to joining the company, which we will arrange.
To apply, please send your CV to Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.